Friday 3 December 2010

My New Kindle Wi-Fi 3

Okay, so Santa hasn't officially been yet has he?  He may not have arrived for you yet but he has visited me early for being such a good girl all year, oh yes...he said "Sam...before the rush gets started, I'm coming with Rudolf to personally hand you your new Amazon Kindle because I don't want to risk Dancer, Blitzen or any of the others breaking your device en route....they are such careless reindeers."  So...here I am with a new Kindle and itching to get my hands on it and it's features.  Firstly, I must say that I'm extra impressed...it IS worth £109...I really see no reason to pay £149 just to have it wi-fi AND 3G...I mean most homes have wi-fi now and if not sure you can always go into Starbucks, Costa or whatever other coffee shops allow you access.  Anyway...I really recommend them but not he £25 quid insurance Amazon want you to pay shortly after buying one....sure the item is covered in the first year by the Sale of Goods etc, so why pay for insurance...I'm not a fan of insurance hence my iPod Touch isn't insured despite the fact I've insured every iPod I've owned up to this point (about 5).

For those wondering whether or not to take the plunge I say DO....there's NO glare...it's basically like reading a newspaper....that's how matt it is....amazing, honestly.  So far I've downloaded The Holy Bible, Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, Northanger Abbey, (yes, I love the classics) and Chris Graham's book Free Books for Kindle.  The Kindle comes preloaded with the Oxford dictionary and something I love is that when you are reading and you are unsure of the meaning of a word, you can just take the cursor up and a brief explanation of the word comes up). There are also varying font sizes making it perfect for those with poor vision, plus you can have the book actually read to you....how cool is that (all the books I have looked at in the Kindle store thus far have been voice enabled so ....)

So, yes .... be very jealous that Santa loves me best of all .... and if you love to read I recommend the Kindle 100% ...thank you Santa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment